If you are a pet enthusiast residing in Plant City, FL and you are searching for a different profession, perhaps you need to look into Veterinary Technician training?
Vet Tech schools in Plant City, FL can offer a path to a lucrative and worthwhile profession. Qualified Veterinary Technicians are currently in demand and the employment growth in the field is substantial. Consider taking a couple of minutes to check out our web page about Vet Technician Programs in Plant City, FL and perhaps you will learn that it is the perfect choice for you! Should you already know that you want to undertake Veterinary Technician classes, simply put in your zip code in the field below to be shown a selection of awesome schools in your area.
Veterinary Tech Job Responsibilities
Just about every veterinarian clinic is unique consequently the Veterinary Technician’s duties will vary from clinic to clinic. Here is a brief list of what a Veterinarian Technician’s responsibilities might be:
- trimming the hair, nails, or claws of the animals
- guiding and or helping new individuals on the veterinarian technician team
- Supplying the continuing care for the patients recovering from an operation and/or treatment
- Keeping a sterile and safe setting. This involves, but is not limited to cleaning out the waste left by animals in kennels, examination rooms or patient waiting areas, along with taking care of medical tools
- supplying information to pet owners on their animal’s well-being or nutritional requirements
- Giving emergency first aid.
- veterinary Techs may also carry out a great deal of lab work. This could include carrying out blood tests, urine exams not to mention stool tests. These tests help the veterinarian to diagnose animal ailments.
- performing dental procedures including cleaning teeth
- Administer/maintain/monitor anesthesia utilizing anesthetic protocols and sophisticated monitoring devices
- Using x-ray and other radiological equipment
- helping the veterinarian in physical exams of patients. For example: restraining patients when required, taking the temperature of animals, in addition to providing the veterinarian with supplies.
- Maintaining current as well as organized laboratory, research, and treatment records.
- Prepping animals for surgery by shaving parts of the animal.
- Obtaining and labeling specimens for laboratory evaluation.
In general, as a vet technician, you can be expected to assist the veterinarian and ensure the well being of the patients. Veterinary technicians perform multiple clinical functions and attend to the pets under the supervision of a licensed vet. Additionally they are responsible for maintaining an effective administration and maintain safe working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Vet Technician Programs in Plant City, FL
If you’re thinking about applying to a vet technician program, you will want to familiarize yourself with your school’s individual admissions criteria. Every vet technician program is different, although most share a few standard prerequisites that you should take note of. Please remember, there’s always flexibility!
Many vet technician training programs require college transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades should be at minimum C average (2.0 GPA), however if you would like to go to a more competitive program you should possess not less than a 3.0 grade point average.
A good number of veterinary technician schools have got minimum high school requirements regarding semesters in math, chemistry, biology, and English. Some veterinary tech programs look at ones math and science GPA as separate from the cumulative GPA, therefore you need to be sure to do well in those classes.
While not necessarily required, many vet tech programs recommend some sort of veterinary experience. This may include volunteer work, work as a paid employee, or apprenticeships. If you can display having a little practical experience in a veterinary environment, this is going to look really good on the application.
Recommended Veterinarian Technician Programs in Plant City, FL
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Veterinary Assisting
With a continual increase in the number of pet owners across the nation, there is an increasing need for skilled veterinary technicians. In the next few years, many more job opportunities are expected to become available, ONET anticipates that Vet Tech jobs in Florida will increase by 38% during the period 2012-2022.
Veterinary Tech Income in Plant City, FL
The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics states the average annual wages for Vet Techs in the United States was $30,500 in 2012. In FL the average salary of a Vet Tech was $28,400. Just imagine the ability to earn that income while working with dogs and cats!
The following information is taken from Careerinfonet.org and shows expected job growth for Vet Techs over the ten year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||7330||10090||38%||400|
If that looks great to you, spend a few minutes to obtain Totally free information from a handful of the fantastic Vet Tech Schools in your area.