If you are an animal enthusiast residing in Truckee, CA and you are trying to find a different career, perhaps you need to look into Vet Technician courses?
Vet Technician schools in Truckee, CA frequently offer a path to a lucrative and rewarding job. Skilled Veterinary Technicians are now in demand and the employment growth in the field is tremendous. Consider taking a few minutes to read through our guide to Vet Tech Schools in Truckee, CA and quite possibly you might learn it is the perfect choice for you! In the event you already know that you would like to undertake Veterinary Tech school, simply put in your zip code in the box below and you’ll be shown a directory of great programs nearby.
Veterinary Tech Job Responsibilities
Pretty much every veterinarian hospital is different which means that the Vet Tech’s responsibilities could vary from practice to practice. Here is a quick list of what a Veterinarian Technician’s tasks might end up being:
- trimming the fur, nails, or claws of the patients
- teaching or helping new members of the veterinary technician team
- Supplying the continuing care for any animals recovering from an operation and/or treatment
- Keeping a sterile and healthy environment. This consists of, but is not limited to cleaning out any waste left by animals in kennels, exam rooms or patient waiting areas, along with taking care of medical tools
- supplying guidance to pet owners on their pet’s well being or nutrition
- Providing emergency first aid.
- veterinary Technicians may also perform a great deal of lab work. This can include doing blood tests, urine checks and feces exams. All of these tests allow the veterinarian to diagnose animal ailments.
- Undertaking dental work like cleaning teeth
- Administers/maintains/monitors anesthesia utilizing anesthetic procedures and advanced monitoring tools
- Using x-ray and other radiological devices
- working with the vet in physical examinations of animals. Such as: restraining animals whenever needed, taking animal’s temperatures, as well as furnishing the veterinarian with supplies.
- Maintaining up-to-date as well as organized research, treatment, and laboratory records.
- Prepping animals for procedures by shaving parts of the animal.
- Procuring and labeling specimens for laboratory testing.
In general, as a vet technician, you can be required to facilitate the veterinarian and ensure the well being of the animals. Veterinary technicians carry out various clinical functions and care for the pets under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian. They also work at maintaining an effective administration and maintain safe working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Vet Tech Schools in Truckee, CA
If you are considering applying to a veterinary technician school, you will need to familiarize yourself with your school’s specific admissions standards. Each veterinary technician school is unique, though most share several general requirements that you ought to understand. Please remember, there’s always flexibility!
Most veterinary tech schools require either college transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades need to be at minimum C average (2.0 GPA), however if you would like to go to a more prestigious school you should carry not less than a 3.0 grade point average.
A good number of veterinary tech schools possess minimum high school requirements regarding semesters in biology, chemistry, math, and English. Some veterinary technician training programs evaluate the math and science GPA separately from your cumulative GPA, so you should make sure you do well in those classes.
Although not necessarily required, many veterinary technician schools strongly recommend some veterinary experience. This might include apprenticeships, volunteer work, or work as a paid employee. If you can demonstrate that you have a bit of practical experience in a veterinary clinic, this will look very good on your application.
Recommended Vet Technician Programs in Truckee, CA
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With the endless increase in the number of pet owners across the country, we also see an increasing need for skilled vet techs. In coming years, more career opportunities are expected to open up, ONET estimates that Veterinary Technician jobs in California will go up by 21% through the period 2012-2022.
Veterinary Tech Income in Truckee, CA
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the average yearly salary for Veterinary Technicians in the U.S. was $30,500 in 2012. In CA the median earnings of a Veterinary Technician was $35,600. Imagine the ability to earn that income while working with pets and animals!
The table below is from Careerinfonet.org and displays a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Veterinary Technicians over the ten year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||8600||10400||21%||270|
If that seems great to you, spend a few minutes to request Totally free information from some of the terrific Vet Technician Schools near you.