If you are a pet lover residing in Irvine, CA and you are looking to find a different profession, you probably need to look into Vet Tech training?
Veterinary Technician schools in Irvine, CA may offer a road to a lucrative and worthwhile vocation. Knowledgeable Veterinary Technicians are now in high demand and the job growth in the field is substantial. Consider taking a few minutes to go through our web page about Veterinary Technician Classes in Irvine, CA and there is a great change you’ll find out that it is the ideal choice for you! Should you already know you want to pursue Veterinarian Tech training, put in your zip code in the box below and you’ll reveal a directory of great schools near you.
What Does a Veterinary Technician Do?
Just about every veterinary clinic is different consequently the Vet Tech’s jobs may vary from clinic to clinic. The following is a short list of what a Veterinary Tech’s jobs might end up being:
- Cutting the fur, nails, or claws of the animals
- educating or mentoring new members of the vet tech staff
- Delivering the on-going care for the patients healing from surgical procedures and/or treatment
- Maintaining a sterile and healthy setting. This consists of, but is not limited to cleaning out the feces left by animals in kennels, treatment rooms or patient waiting areas, as well as cleaning medical tools
- Providing information to pet owners on their pet’s overall health and nutritional requirements
- Giving emergency first aid.
- veterinary Technicians may also carry out a great deal of lab work. This could include carrying out blood tests, urine checks not to mention feces tests. All of these exams make it possible for the veterinarian to recognize animal illnesses.
- performing dental work like cleaning teeth
- Administering anesthesia utilizing anesthetic procedures and state-of-the-art monitoring equipment
- Working with x-ray and other radiological machines
- helping the vet in physical examinations of patients. Including: restraining patients if necessary, taking the temperature of animals, in addition to providing the vet with equipment.
- Managing current and organized laboratory, research, and treatment records.
- Prepping animals for procedures by shaving parts of the animal.
- Organizing and labeling test samples for laboratory tests.
Generally, as a vet tech, you can be required to assist the veterinarian and ensure the well being of the patients. Veterinary techs conduct a range of clinical functions and look after the pets under the direction of a licensed veterinarian. In addition they work at managing an efficient administration and maintain safe working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Vet Technician Schools in Irvine, CA
If you’re thinking about applying to a vet tech training program, you’ll want to become familiar with your school’s specific admissions criteria. Every vet technician program is different, though many share certain standard requirements that you ought to be aware of. Remember, there is always flexibility!
Many vet tech schools will require college transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Schools will expect you to have maintained a grade point average of at least 2.0, however if you expect to get into a more prestigious training program you should aim for at least a 3.0 grade point average.
Most vet technician schools have got minimum high school requirements concerning semesters in math, chemistry, biology, and English. Many veterinary tech training programs look at the science and math GPA separately from the cumulative GPA, therefore you will want to be sure you do well in those courses.
While not always required, many vet technician schools strongly recommend some veterinary experience. This may consist of apprenticeships, volunteer work, or work as a paid employee. If you show that you have a bit of practical experience in a veterinary office, this will always appear nice on your application.
Recommended Vet Technician Schools in Irvine, CA
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With a continual increase in the quantity of pet owners throughout the U.S., there is also a large demand for skilled veterinary techs. In the next few years, many more career opportunities are likely to open up, ONET expects that Veterinary Tech jobs in California will go up by 21% through the period 2012-2022.
Vet Technician Salary in Irvine, CA
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the median yearly earnings for Veterinary Techs in the United States was $30,500 in 2012. In CA the median earnings of a Veterinary Tech was $35,600. Envision the ability to make that income while working with pets and animals!
The chart below is from Careerinfonet.org and shows a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Veterinary Techs over the ten year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||8600||10400||21%||270|
If that sounds good to you, spend a couple of minutes to request FREE information from some of the wonderful Veterinary Tech Schools nearby.