If you are an animal lover living in Green, OH and you are looking to find a new profession, maybe you need to look into Vet Technician courses?
Vet Technician schools in Green, OH frequently offer a road to a lucrative and rewarding job. Qualified Veterinary Technicians are in great demand and the employment growth in the area is huge. Invest a few minutes to read our web page about Vet Technician Schools in Green, OH and it is likely you might see that it is the ideal choice for you! Should you already know you want to enroll in Veterinary Tech classes, put in your zip code in the box below and you’ll reveal a directory of fantastic schools in your area.
Veterinary Technician Job Duties
Almost every veterinary hospital is different which means that the Veterinary Tech’s responsibilities can differ from clinic to clinic. The following is a short list of what a Veterinarian Technician’s duties can include:
- trimming the fur, nails, or claws of the patients
- guiding or mentoring new members of the veterinary tech staff
- Delivering the ongoing care for any patients recovering from surgical procedures and/or treatment
- Preserving a sterile and safe setting. This includes, but is not limited to cleaning up the feces left by animals in kennels, exam rooms and patient waiting areas, along with maintaining medical tools
- Providing information to pet owners on their pet’s wellness and nutritional requirements
- Providing emergency first aid.
- veterinary Technicians also perform a large amount of lab work. This may include executing blood tests, urine tests and feces exams. These types of tests enable the veterinarian to recognize animal ailments.
- performing dental procedures like cleaning teeth
- Administers/maintains/monitors anesthesia utilizing anesthetic protocols and sophisticated monitoring equipment
- Using x-ray and other radiological devices
- helping the veterinarian in physical assessments of animals. For instance: restraining patients whenever needed, taking the temperature of animals, and furnishing the veterinarian with supplies.
- Managing current as well as organized laboratory, research, and treatment records.
- Getting the animals ready for surgical treatments by trimming or shaving areas where procedures will occur.
- Procuring and labeling specimens for laboratory testing.
Basically, as a veterinary tech, you are required to help the veterinarian and look after the health and happiness of the patients. Veterinary technicians perform a range of clinical functions and attend to the pets under the supervision of an experienced veterinarian. Additionally they are responsible for maintaining an efficient administration and uphold healthy working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Vet Tech Programs in Green, OH
If you’re thinking about applying to a veterinary tech training program, you will need to familiarize yourself with the program’s unique admissions standards. Every vet tech training program is different, although many share certain general requirements that you should know about. Please remember, there’s always flexibility!
Most veterinary technician schools require university transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades need to be at minimum C average (2.0 GPA), though if you intend to go to a more competitive training program you should possess not less than a 3.0 GPA.
Most vet tech schools require minimum high school requirements of semesters in chemistry, biology, math, and English. Many vet technician schools look at ones science and math GPA separate from the cumulative GPA, so you will need to make sure you do well in those classes.
While not necessarily required, a lot of vet tech programs strongly recommend some veterinary experience. This could consist of apprenticeships, volunteer work, or work as a paid employee. If you can show that you have some hands-on experience in a veterinary clinic, this will certainly look terrific on your application.
Recommended Veterinary Technician Classes in Green, OH
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With the continuous rise in the quantity of pet owners throughout the U.S., we also see an increasing need for properly trained veterinary techs. In the near future, even more career opportunities are anticipated to become available, ONET anticipates that Vet Tech jobs in Ohio will rise by 30% during the period 2012-2022.
Vet Tech Salaries in Green, OH
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the median yearly income for Vet Technicians in the United States was $30,500 in 2012. In OH the median earnings of a Veterinary Technician was $29,200. Envision having the ability to earn that salary while working with animals!
The table below is courtesy of Careerinfonet.org and displays a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Veterinary Technicians during the ten year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||3040||3940||30%||120|
If that seems great to you, take just a few seconds to request Totally free information from a few of the excellent Vet Technician Programs near you.