If you are a pet lover living in Temecula, CA and you seek a new career, maybe you need to look into Veterinary Technician training?
Vet Technician classes in Temecula, CA can provide a road to a lucrative and satisfying vocation. Qualified Veterinary Techs are in high demand and the employment growth in the field is huge. Consider taking a couple of minutes to go through our guide to Veterinary Technician Programs in Temecula, CA and maybe you may determine it is the ideal choice for you! In the event you already know that you would like to enroll in Veterinarian Tech training, simply enter your zip code in the field below and you’ll find a list of awesome programs in your area.
Vet Technician Job Duties
Virtually every veterinary practice is different so the Vet Tech’s jobs will vary from office to office. The following is a short list of what a Vet Tech’s tasks might be:
- trimming the hair, nails, or claws of the animals
- guiding or helping new individuals on the vet technician team
- Supplying the continuing care for the patients recovering from an operation and/or treatment
- Preserving a sterile and healthy environment. This involves, but is not limited to removing any waste left by patients in kennels, treatment rooms or animal waiting areas, along with cleaning medical devices
- offering information to pet owners on their pet’s well being or nutrition
- Delivering emergency first aid.
- veterinary Techs may also perform a lot of lab work. This may include doing blood tests, urine tests not to mention feces exams. All of these tests allow the veterinarian to detect animal health issues.
- performing dental procedures such as cleaning teeth
- Administers/maintains/monitors anesthesia employing anesthetic protocols and state-of-the-art monitoring tools
- Using x-ray and other radiological equipment
- helping the veterinarian in physical assessments of animals. For example: restraining animals if necessary, taking the temperature of animals, and furnishing the vet with equipment.
- Maintaining up-to-date and organized treatment, laboratory, and research records.
- Prepping animals for surgeries by trimming or shaving areas where procedures will occur.
- Preparing and labeling specimens for laboratory tests.
Generally, as a veterinary technician, you will be required to assist the veterinarian and look after the health and well being of the animals. Veterinary technicians perform a number of clinical functions and look after the pets under the direction of an experienced vet. In addition they work at preserving an efficient administration and uphold safe working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Veterinary Tech Programs in Temecula, CA
If you’re thinking about applying to a veterinary tech program, you’ll want to become familiar with the school’s particular admissions standards. Every veterinary technician program is unique, though many share numerous standard requirements that you should take note of. Please remember, there is always flexibility!
Most vet technician programs will require either college transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades need to be at least C average (2.0 GPA), however if you want to go to a more prestigious school you should carry not less than a 3.0 grade point average.
A lot of vet technician programs have got minimum high school requirements of semesters in math, chemistry, biology, and English. Many veterinary tech schools evaluate ones math and science GPA as separate from your cumulative GPA, so you will want to make sure to do well in those classes.
While not always required, generally veterinary technician programs recommend some veterinary experience. This might involve volunteer work, work as a paid employee, or apprenticeships. If you are able to prove having some practical experience in a veterinary office, it will appear nice on your application.
Recommended Veterinary Tech Programs in Temecula, CA
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With a continual increase in the amount of pet owners across the country, there is also a rising need for skilled vet technicians. In coming years, additional job opportunities are anticipated to become available, ONET estimates that Vet Technician jobs in California will rise by 21% through the 10 year period 2012-2022.
Veterinary Technician Salary in Temecula, CA
The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the median annual income for Vet Technicians in the United States was $30,500 in 2012. In CA the average salary of a Vet Technician was $35,600. Think about being in a position to earn that income while working with animals!
The chart below is from Careerinfonet.org and illustrates a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Vet Techs over the 10 year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||8600||10400||21%||270|
If that sounds good to you, spend a few moments to obtain Totally free information from a couple of the wonderful Veterinary Tech Programs nearby.