If you happen to be an animal enthusiast living in Glenrock, WY and you want to find a different occupation, perhaps you should look into Vet Technician classes?
Veterinary Technician schools in Glenrock, WY can offer a road to a lucrative and rewarding vocation. Trained Veterinary Technicians are currently in high demand and the employment growth in the area is tremendous. Invest a few moments to go through our information about Veterinary Technician Programs in Glenrock, WY and maybe you may realize it is the ideal choice for you! In the event you already know you want to pursue Veterinarian Tech school, simply put in your zip code in the box below to be shown a selection of awesome schools nearby.
Veterinary Technician Job Duties
Just about every veterinary hospital is different which means that the Veterinary Technician’s jobs will be different from practice to practice. The following is a brief list of what a Veterinary Tech’s responsibilities might end up being:
- Cutting the hair, nails, or claws of the animals
- teaching and mentoring new members of the vet technician team
- Delivering the ongoing care for any patients recovering from surgery and/or treatment
- Maintaining a sterile and healthy environment. This consists of, but is not limited to removing any waste left by patients in kennels, treatment rooms and patient waiting areas, along with maintaining medical tools
- Providing advice to pet owners on their animal’s well being and nutrition
- Delivering emergency first aid.
- veterinary Technicians may also conduct a large amount of lab work. This can include performing blood tests, urine checks as well as feces tests. These types of exams make it possible for the veterinarian to detect animal ailments.
- performing dental work like cleaning teeth
- Administer/maintain/monitor anesthesia utilizing anesthetic protocols and state-of-the-art monitoring devices
- Working with x-ray and other radiological machines
- helping the veterinarian in physical examinations of patients. For example: restraining patients if needed, taking animal’s temperatures, in addition to furnishing the veterinarian with supplies.
- Maintaining up-to-date and organized treatment, laboratory, and research records.
- Prepping animals for surgeries by trimming or shaving areas where procedures will occur.
- Procuring and labeling specimens for laboratory tests.
In general, as a vet technician, you are required to facilitate the veterinarian and look after the well being of the animals. Veterinary techs conduct a variety of clinical functions and look after the pets under the supervision of an experienced veterinarian. They also are responsible for maintaining an efficient administration and maintain healthy working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Veterinary Technician Schools in Glenrock, WY
If you’re thinking about applying to a vet technician program, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the program’s unique admissions criteria. Each vet technician training program is different, although many share several common prerequisites that you should be aware of. Please remember, there’s always flexibility!
Most veterinary tech programs want either university transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades need to be at least C average (2.0 GPA), however if you want to be accepted into a more competitive program you should carry no less than a 3.0 GPA.
A lot of veterinary tech programs have got minimum high school requirements relating to semesters in chemistry, biology, math, and English. Some vet technician schools evaluate the math and science GPA separately from the cumulative GPA, which means you need to be sure you do well in those classes.
While not always required, a lot of veterinary tech schools recommend some form of veterinary experience. This may include apprenticeships, volunteer work, or work as a paid employee. Whenever you can display having a bit of practical experience in a veterinary environment, it will appear really good on the application.
Recommended Vet Technician Schools in Glenrock, WY
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With the constant increase in the amount of pet owners around the world, we also see an increasing need for trained vet techs. In coming years, even more career opportunities are likely to open up, ONET estimates that Vet Technician jobs in Wyoming will go up by 35% over the 10 year period 2012-2022.
Veterinary Tech Salaries in Glenrock, WY
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the median annual income for Vet Techs in the United States was $30,500 in 2012. In WY the median income of a Veterinary Technician was $28,100. Picture the ability to earn that income while working with pets and animals!
The chart below is from Careerinfonet.org and presents a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Veterinary Technicians through the 10 year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||250||340||35%||10|
If that looks great to you, spend just a few seconds to obtain Totally free information from a handful of the wonderful Vet Technician Schools near you.