If you are a pet enthusiast living in Framingham, MA and you seek a new occupation, maybe you should look into Vet Technician school?
Vet Technician courses in Framingham, MA can offer a route to a lucrative and challenging profession. Qualified Veterinary Technicians are in high demand and the job growth in the field is massive. Consider taking a few minutes to look at our web page about Vet Tech Classes in Framingham, MA and perhaps you’ll find out that it is the ideal choice for you! In the event you already know you want to undertake Veterinarian Technician courses, simply put in your zip code in the field below to find a list of fantastic schools nearby.
What Does a Veterinary Tech Do?
Every vet hospital is different as a result the Vet Tech’s jobs can differ from clinic to clinic. This is a brief list of what a Veterinarian Technician’s duties can include:
- Cutting the fur, nails, or claws of the patients
- teaching or helping new individuals on the veterinary tech staff
- Supplying the on-going care for any animals healing from surgery and/or treatment
- Maintaining a sterile and safe setting. This includes, but is not limited to clearing out the waste left by patients in kennels, exam rooms or animal holding areas, along with taking care of medical devices
- supplying guidance to pet owners on their pet’s overall health or nutritional requirements
- Giving emergency first aid.
- Vet Technicians may also carry out a great deal of lab work. This could include executing blood tests, urine tests as well as feces tests. All of these tests make it possible for the veterinarian to recognize animal illnesses.
- Undertaking dental work including cleaning teeth
- Administering anesthesia utilizing anesthetic procedures and sophisticated monitoring devices
- Working with x-ray and other radiological devices
- helping the vet in physical examinations of animals. Including: restraining animals when required, taking animal’s temperatures, as well as providing the vet with supplies.
- Managing up-to-date and organized treatment, laboratory, and research records.
- Getting the animals ready for treatments by trimming or shaving areas where procedures will take place.
- Procuring and labeling specimens for laboratory tests.
On the whole, as a veterinary tech, you are required to help the veterinarian and look after the health of the animals. Veterinary technicians perform numerous clinical functions and attend to the patients under the direction of a licensed veterinarian. Additionally they work at sustaining an effective administration and uphold safe working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Vet Technician Programs in Framingham, MA
If you are considering applying to a veterinary technician program, you will need to familiarize yourself with your school’s individual admissions criteria. Every veterinary tech program is different, although most share some general prerequisites you should take note of. Remember, there is always exceptions!
Many vet tech training programs will require university transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades need to be at minimum C average (2.0 GPA), however if you plan to get into a more prestigious training program you should aim for a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
Most veterinary tech schools possess minimum high school requirements in terms of semesters in chemistry, biology, math, and English. Some vet technician training programs evaluate ones math and science GPA separately from your cumulative GPA, therefore you need to be sure to do well in those classes.
Although not necessarily required, most veterinary technician training programs highly recommend some type of veterinary experience. This could include volunteer work, work as a paid employee, or apprenticeships. Whenever you can display you have a bit of hands-on experience in a veterinary setting, this will appear very good on the application.
Recommended Vet Tech Classes in Framingham, MA
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With a constant rise in the number of pet owners across the country, we also see an increasing call for skilled vet techs. In the near future, more job opportunities are anticipated to open up, ONET expects that Vet Technician jobs in Massachusetts will rise by 25% through the period 2012-2022.
Veterinary Technician Salary in Framingham, MA
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the median annual income for Veterinary Technicians in the United States was $30,500 in 2012. In MA the average earnings of a Veterinary Technician was $36,900. Just imagine having the ability to make that salary while working with animals!
The information below is courtesy of Careerinfonet.org and presents a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Veterinary Technicians over the ten year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||2540||3180||25%||90|
If that seems good to you, spend a few minutes to request FREE information from a couple of the excellent Vet Technician Programs near you.