If you happen to be an animal enthusiast residing in Huntington Beach, CA and you are seeking a new occupation, you probably should look into Veterinary Technician classes?
Vet Tech classes in Huntington Beach, CA can provide a route to a lucrative and satisfying job. Qualified Veterinary Techs find themselves in great demand and the employment growth in the area is massive. Invest a few minutes to look at our web page about Veterinary Tech Programs in Huntington Beach, CA and quite possibly you will determine it is the ideal choice for you! Should you already know that you want to enroll in Veterinarian Tech training, input your zip code in the box below and you’ll be shown a directory of terrific programs near you.
Vet Technician Job Duties
Every vet practice is unique which means that the Veterinary Tech’s responsibilities can differ from clinic to clinic. Here is a short list of what a Veterinarian Tech’s duties might be:
- trimming the hair, nails, or claws of the animals
- Training or helping new individuals on the vet technician staff
- Providing the continuing care for any animals recovering from an operation and/or treatment
- Keeping a sterile and safe environment. This consists of, but is not limited to clearing out the mess left by patients in kennels, examination rooms or patient waiting areas, along with taking care of medical devices
- offering advice to pet owners on their pet’s wellness and nutritional requirements
- Providing emergency first aid.
- veterinary Techs may also perform a great deal of lab work. This might include carrying out blood tests, urine checks not to mention stool exams. These types of procedures make it possible for the vet to recognize animal health issues.
- Undertaking dental procedures like cleaning teeth
- Administer/maintain/monitor anesthesia utilizing anesthetic procedures and state-of-the-art monitoring devices
- Operating x-ray and other radiological machines
- helping the vet in physical assessments of patients. For instance: restraining animals when required, taking animal’s temperatures, and furnishing the vet with equipment.
- Maintaining up-to-date as well as organized treatment, laboratory, and research records.
- Prepping animals for surgeries by shaving parts of the animal.
- Obtaining and labeling samples for laboratory evaluation.
Overall, as a veterinary technician, you can be required to facilitate the veterinarian and look after the health and well being of the patients. Veterinary techs perform a range of clinical functions and look after the animals under the direction of a licensed veterinarian. Additionally they are responsible for maintaining an effective administration and uphold healthy working conditions.
Admission Requirements for Veterinary Technician Schools in Huntington Beach, CA
If you’re thinking about applying to a veterinary tech program, you will want to familiarize yourself with your school’s individual admissions requirements. Each veterinary tech training program is unique, although most share a few common requirements that you need to know about. Remember, there is always flexibility!
Many veterinary tech programs want college transcripts, a high school diploma, or a GED. Your grades need to be at minimum C average (2.0 GPA), although if you plan to attend a more competitive training program you should possess a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
Many vet tech programs have got minimum high school requirements of semesters in chemistry, biology, math, and English. Some veterinary technician training programs look at the math and science GPA separate from your cumulative GPA, which means you will need to make sure you do well in those courses.
Although not necessarily required, most vet technician programs highly recommend some veterinary experience. This can involve apprenticeships, volunteer work, or work as a paid employee. If you can demonstrate you have a little hands-on experience in a veterinary setting, this will certainly look very good on your application.
Recommended Veterinarian Tech Classes in Huntington Beach, CA
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $79 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
With the consistent increase in the quantity of pet owners throughout the U.S., we also see a rising need for competent vet techs. In the next few years, even more job opportunities are anticipated to open up, ONET anticipates that Vet Technician jobs in California will increase by 21% through the period 2012-2022.
Veterinary Tech Wage in Huntington Beach, CA
The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the median yearly income for Vet Techs in the U.S. was $30,500 in 2012. In CA the median income of a Veterinary Technician was $35,600. Imagine having the ability to make that income while working with dogs and cats!
The chart below is courtesy of Careerinfonet.org and shows a comparison of State and National job growth trends for Veterinary Techs over the 10 year period 2012-2022.
State and National Trends
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||84,800||109,800||+30%||3,340|
|Job Openings 1|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||8600||10400||21%||270|
If that seems great to you, spend a few moments to request FREE information from a couple of the excellent Veterinary Tech Schools in your area.